Fishhawk & Young's River Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Coast
Fishhawk & Young's River Falls are south of Astoria.
Photograph specifics: landscape, shutter speed 1/100, ISO100, lens 47mm, aperture 6.3
Young's River Falls
Fishhawk Falls GPS N45º 57.5', W123º 35.022', Elevation above sea level 770 ft.
Young's River Falls GPS N46º 4.052', W123º 47.317', Elevation above sea level 30 ft.
Directions (two sets for different locations):
Hwy 101 north from Tillamook to Astoria
HWY 26 West from Portland
- Near Astoria turn right onto HWY 101 Business Loop.
- After 1.3 miles bear right to remain on the business loop.
- After another 1.6 miles the business loop curves right. Turn on your
left turn signal to head straight (watch for opposing traffic around curve).
- Short distance from that intersection turn left onto Young's River Road.
- After milepost 7 look for a brown sign saying "Young's Falls" and turn right.
- Parking area is a short distance from the intersection and the waterfall is closeby.
- To find Fishhawk Falls continue down Young's River Road another 3.7 miles to
the junction with HWY 202. Turn right and drive 15 miles to milepost 25.
- Find a sign for "Leo Wooden Park" and turn right. Waterfall is also closeby.
Neither site has rest or picnic facilities.
- Approximately six miles north from the Sunset Rest Area look for
a road to Jewell.
- Once in Jewell find HWY 202 and head north. Fishhawk Falls will be near
milepost 25 at Leo Wooden Park(about five miles distance).
- To reach Young's Falls drive 10 more miles north on HWY202 until you reach
a sign for "Lewis and Clark Trail". Turn left at this junction. At a large "Y"
intersection bear right to remain on Young's River Road. The other road is the
- Young's River Falls will be less than 4 miles away. Watch for the
the Lewis and Clark sign.