Fishhawk & Young's River Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to North Coast
Fishhawk & Young's River Falls are south of Astoria.
GPS - Fishhawk Falls, 235m el.
GPS - Young's River Falls, 10m el.
Photograph specifics: landscape, shutter speed 1/100, ISO100, lens 47mm, aperture 6.3
Young's River Falls
Directions (two sets for different locations):
Hwy 101 north from Tillamook to Astoria
HWY 26 West from Portland
- Near Astoria turn right onto HWY 101 Business Loop.
- After 1.3 miles bear right to remain on the business loop.
- After another 1.6 miles the business loop curves right. Turn on your
left turn signal to head straight (watch for opposing traffic around curve).
- Short distance from that intersection turn left onto Young's River Road.
- After milepost 7 look for a brown sign saying "Young's Falls" and turn right.
- Parking area is a short distance from the intersection and the waterfall is closeby.
- To find Fishhawk Falls continue down Young's River Road another 3.7 miles to
the junction with HWY 202. Turn right and drive 15 miles to milepost 25.
- Find a sign for "Leo Wooden Park" and turn right. Waterfall is also closeby.
Neither site has rest or picnic facilities.
- Approximately six miles north from the Sunset Rest Area look for
a road to Jewell.
- Once in Jewell find HWY 202 and head north. Fishhawk Falls will be near
milepost 25 at Leo Wooden Park(about five miles distance).
- To reach Young's Falls drive 10 more miles north on HWY202 until you reach
a sign for "Lewis and Clark Trail". Turn left at this junction. At a large "Y"
intersection bear right to remain on Young's River Road. The other road is the
- Young's River Falls will be less than 4 miles away. Watch for the
the Lewis and Clark sign.