Photographer: G. Price
Return to North Coast
GPS - Upper Beaver Falls, 110m el.
GPS - Beaver Falls Trail, 80m el.
Upper Beaver Falls
Upper Beaver and Beaver Falls are west of Rainier.
First to Upper Beaver Falls
Then, to Beaver Falls (GPS is for trail start and not the waterfall itself)
- On I-5 in Portland follow all signs leading to I-405
- Once on I-405 follow all signs for I-405N
- Take left lane Exit #3 - HWY 30/St. Helens
- After exit follow all signs for HWY 30 West
- You will pass through Scappoose, St. Helens and Rainier
- 7/10th of a mile past milepost 53 (appr. 6 miles from Rainier) turn
right onto road signed for Delena (sign is small)
- Within Delena, road is named Beaver Falls Road
- 1.6 miles from the turnoff from U.S. 30 will be Upper Beaver Falls
on the left side of the road (just before a first bridge)
No rest or picnic facilities.
- From Upper Beaver Falls continue down Beaver Falls Road an
additional 1.6 miles
- Look for a widened area on the left side of the road where
only two cars could park
- Trail starts downhill and then veers right onto a dirt road
- Follow the sound of falling water to a precarious viewpoint
of Beaver Falls