Waterfalls - Tumalo Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Eastern/Central
Tumalo Falls and Upper Tumalo Falls
Double Falls (aka Middle Tumalo) and an unnamed waterfall
Tumalo Falls are west of Bend.
In a little over 13 miles from the Franklin intersection pavement ends.
- From Highway 20/97 take exit 137 onto Revere Ave and head west
- Turn onto Wall St. and head south
- At Franklin Ave. turn right (signed for Mount Bachelor Ski Area)
- In a short distance signs will change the name to Riverside Blvd
- In a half mile turn right onto Tumalo Ave
- One block later name changes again - this time to Galveston Ave
- About one mile later name changes again - this time to Skyliners Road
If the gate is open follow signs to Tumalo Falls (road 1403 from road 1401).
Waterfall is about 2.2 miles from the gate. There is a vault toilet.
Day use fee applies (Northwest Forest Pass available at sporting goods stores).
Tumalo Falls can be seen right at the rest area. A trail leads up to an
overlook (the only steep part of the entire trail) in a quarter mile.
Less than a mile up that trail is Double Falls - or Middle Tumalo Falls.
A very short distance farther up that path is an unnamed fall. I could see
four tiers. Upper Tumalo Falls is less than a mile further up.
Bridge Creek Falls is in the same area.