South Umpqua Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Canyonville
South Umpqua Falls is East of Canyonville.
GPS N43º 3.27', W122º 41.179', Elevation above sea level 1640 ft.
Directions (similar for Campbell and Black Rock Fork Falls):
Various places provide a view of the falls, plus a trail past the picnic tables.
- On I-5 take Canyonville exit 98 (or exit 99 and get onto Main until reaching 3rd).
- Turn left at stop sign to go into Canyonville (1st St.).
- Turn right at next stop sign to get onto Main Street (note sign for Tiller).
- Turn left onto 3rd St.
- 3rd St. turns into Tiller Trail Hwy (aka HWY 227 - but no signs say this).
- After 22 miles turn left onto South Umpqua Road just before a bridge (east side of Tiller).
It is also called "South Umpqua Tour Route", County Road 46 & Forest Road 28.
- Note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer here.
- Travel CR46/FR28 for a total of about 21 miles (5.2 miles past Campbell Falls turnout).
The South Umpqua Falls Picnic Area is to the right.
Vault toilet and picnic tables are available. Site is day-use, no-fee.
Additionally, the South Umpqua Falls Campground (fee-site) is 0.2 miles back on the other side of the road.