Steep Creek Falls
falling into Rock Creek
looks like a necktie
Photographer: G. Price
Return to SW Washington
GPS - Steep Creek Falls, 240m el.
Photograph specifics: shutter speed 1/6, ISO100, lens 22mm, aperture 6.3, polarizer, tripod
Steep Creek Falls is east of Vancouver and NW of Stevenson.
Waterfall is visible from the far left side of the bridge.
- On Hwy 14 - 1.6 miles east of junction with Bridge of the Gods - turn left onto Rock Creek (near MP 43)
- Travel Rock Creek for 0.3 miles
- Turn left onto Foster
- Travel Foster for 0.4 miles
- At intersection bear left onto Ryan Allen
- Travel Ryan Allen for ½ mile
- Turn left (NW) onto an unnamed** road and reset your trip odometer
As a landmark, a sign for the road to the right says "Ruellen Rd"
- In 0.3 miles pavement ends, bear right at the intersection
- At the 0.7 mile mark keep to the right at the intersection
- At the 2½ mile mark stay straight at the intersection
- At the 5.6 mile mark there is a wide spot before a wooden bridge - park here
Trail down the nearer right side of the bridge goes down to Rock Creek -
a hewn log is made up as a bench.
** topographical program lists this as FR2000 and Snag Creek Trail