Waterfalls - Soda Creek Falls
with Lower Crater Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Eastern/Central
GPS - Green Lakes Turnoff, 1.6km el.
GPS - Soda Creek Falls, 1.8km el.
GPS - Lwr Crater Crk Falls, 1.7km el.
Soda Creek & Lower Crater Crk Falls
Rate of rise: Crater Crk (from trail start) = 80m in 2.9km (+1.6º)
Rate of rise: Soda Crk (from Crater Crk) = 90m. in 800m (+6.5º)
Also access Cascade Lakes Highway from Bend.
- From Interstate 5 take exit 188A and head east on Hwy 58
- Past milepost 72 and just before milepost 73 turn left onto Crescent Cutoff Road
- In 3¼ miles turn left onto Cascade Lakes Highway (aka County Road #46)
- In another 43¼ miles turn left into Green Lakes Trailhead (between MP26 and MP27)
- Keep to the right and drive around to the parking area (Northwest Forest Pass required)
- Go across the road where you entered to find Soda Creek Trail
Local Flora: Scarlet Gilia (aka Skyrocket) & Thistle
Steps 1 thru 5 are the same for Fall Creek Falls'