Slide Mountain Creek Falls
In Early Spring & February Snow
Photographer: G. Price
Return to HWY 99
GPS - Slide Mountain Creek Falls, 300m el.
Photograph specifics: shutter speed 1.6S, ISO100, lens 48mm, aperture 36, tripod, polarizer
Slide Mountain Creek Falls is west of McMinnville.
Note: Breeze flowing over this waterfall on a hot day feels like an air conditioner. 8-)
- Turn west onto Baker Creek Road at North end of McMinnville
- At three miles watch for a sharp left curve to stay on Baker Crk Rd
- In another 5½ miles pavement ends (note odometer reading)
- Count up an additional mile while driving on the gravel
- Roadside waterfall is to the left within a notch in the mountain
- Continue up the road for about 50 feet to park at a wide spot on the right
Flow is seasonal.
Ed Grenfell Park is located 4.5 miles back.
Falls in February Snow!
Baker Creek Falls & Rainbow Lake are inaccessible.