Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Central Coast
GPS Siuslaw Falls, 170 meters el.
Siuslaw Falls is south of Eugene.
- On HWY 126 / W. 11th Avenue in Eugene head south on Bertelsen Road (reset trip odometer) - eventually becomes Lorane Hwy
- Travel 12.4 miles, then turn left onto Territorial Road
- In 5.8 miles you will reach Lorane - turn right onto Siuslaw Road
- 8.7 miles turn right at sign for Siuslaw Falls Road 20-6-1 (after a bridge)
- 0.4 miles park near the short vertical columns
- Staircase trail to the base of the falls is to the right
Half mile down that road park at a widespot on the road near some vertical pillars (total distance from W. 11th is 27.5 miles)
Park has a couple of picnic tables but no other facilities. Flow is seasonal. Note the fish ladder on the right.
Spotted this Lorquin's Admiral Butterfly in flight near the falls - just before it left the view of the camera.
See the bulge of its eyes at the side of its head?
Photograph specifics: sports, shutter speed 1/1600, ISO400, lens 90mm, aperture 10