Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - North Coast
Photograph specifics: shutter 15S, ISO100, lens 76mm, aperture 32, tripod, polarizer
Rainier Falls is a roadside waterfall just south of Rainier.
GPS N46º 5.106', W122º 55.227', Elevation above sea level 100 ft.
City of Rainier is a half mile further north.
- On I-5 in Portland follow all signs leading to I-405
- Once on I-405 follow all signs for I-405N
- Take left lane Exit #3 - HWY 30/St. Helens
- After exit follow all signs for HWY 30 West
- You will pass through Scappoose & St. Helens
- Near milepost 46 find a wide spot on the east side of the road
Note: this appears to be a back access to somebodies property, so don't block the road
- While looking both ways, carefully walk across HWY 30 and farther up to the guardrail on the left
- While walking along the backside of the guardrail (traffic on other side of guardrail)
waterfall will be visible through a veil of greenery
Waterfall on unnamed creek is named for nearest geographical feature.
I've seen a much greater flow when I passed by this hidden gem in my car.
So, when the flow reaches maximum awesomeness again I will revisit this one.
Possibility that nearby Jack Falls Crk and Little Jack Falls Crk would have roadside falls - will investigate.