with Autumn Color
on E. Fork Layng Creek
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Cottage Grove
GPS - Trail Start, 300m el.
Photograph specifics: shutter speed 0.4S, ISO100, lens 31mm, aperture 10, tripod, polarizer
Pinard Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
Steps 1 thru 7 are the same for Spirit, Moon & Pinard Falls
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Roads #17 and #1790 before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends.
- Turn left onto Layng Creek Road (aka Forest Service Road #17).
- About 9 miles later you'll find a rest area and a sign to its right.
Reset your trip odometer
Go past the Spirit Falls trail access on road 1790 - in 0.2 miles drive past
the sign that says 'Moon Falls 3 miles' - keeping right to stay on #1790 -
and drive for a total of 3.6 miles along #1790.
A Pinard Falls Trailhead sign will be on the right.
To the left walk up abandoned road 1790-439 (becomes Trail #1406).
Hiking distance to Pinard Falls is ½ mile.
There is a bench for two at the bottom of the falls.
Spirit, Moon and Pinard Falls are in the Cottage Grove Watershed - so no camping.