Waterfalls - McKay Crossing Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Eastern/Central
McKay Crossing Falls
McKay Crossing Falls is east of Lapine.
Paulina Creek Falls is farther up the main road.
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- On HWY 58 near milepost 73 turn left at sign for Davis Lake Junction/HWY97
- This will put you onto Crescent Cutoff Road (cuts off 11 miles on your trip)
- In twelve miles you will enter Crescent - turn left onto HWY 97 North
- In 24 miles - past milepost 162 - turn right at sign for Newberry Caldera/Paulina Lake
- In 3 miles turn left at sign for McKay Crossing Campground
- 2.2 jaw-rattling miles later there will be a 'road closed' sign
- Campground has a self service pay station at the entrance to the left of the blocked bridge
- Nearby a "Falls" sign says 500 ft distance