Eagle Creek Fall's
Loowit & Upper Punchbowl Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Columbia Gorge
Eagle Creek Waterfalls are east of Portland.
GPS - Eagle Creek Fall's, 220m el.
Loowit and Upper Punchbowl Falls
- East on I-84 from Portland: take Eagle Creek exit 41.
- West on I-84 from Hood River: take exit 40 and head back east to 41.
- There are restrooms and picnic areas. Drive up along the creek to the road's end.
Observe the No Parking Signs in various places.
- At the 3 mile point is a view of Upper Punchbowl Falls.
(my moniker for a punchbowl above the better known Punchbowl Falls)
- Continuing on you will see Loowit Falls on the other side of the river.
It has a tall punchbowl, a smaller fall below it (I dubbed it Little Loowit)
with another punchbowl.