Photographer: G. Price
Return to Cascades
GPS - Trail start, 1.2km el.
GPS - Lake Ann, 1km el.
Lake Ann is east of Salem.
This website is dedicated to waterfalls and how to get to them without turning
right when a left turn is needed. But, I just had to include this shot of Lake Ann.
I was on my way to find Marion Falls nearby. A four foot snowdrift stopped me cold.
At the place where I stopped I realized I was seeing something new to my eyes -
snow...sitting on ice...on a lake! The trees highlighted in the center enhance the panorama.
Directions: Two routes
- From Salem: Head east on HWY 22 past milepost 66 and turn east onto Marion Creek Road.
- From Eugene: Head east on HWY 126. When 126 meets up with HWY 20 head east on 20 for
three miles until junction with HWY 22. Turn left onto the access road, then turn left
at the stop sign (HWY 22). In about 15 miles turn east onto Marion Creek Road
between mileposts 67 and 66 on HWY 22.
Photo Phacts: 1/200 speed; 18mm lens; west side of lake in April
- Once on Marion Crk Rd note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer.
- Count up 4.5 miles to the trail starting point. Northwest Forest Pass required.
- Lake Ann is about 1.5 miles up the trail.
Vault toilet available at trail start.
Marion Falls is less than 0.25 mile from Lake Ann.
Pass Gooch Falls on the way to Lake Ann.