Green Peak Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - HWY 99W
Green Peak Falls is west of Monroe.
GPS - Green Peak Falls, 240m el.
Watch your step! Local fauna camouflaged -
Trail to Green Peak Falls is not well-marked.
The Alsea/Green Peak Falls picnic and campground areas are linked together via trail.
- Access to the falls is via Hwy 99W north of Junction City and Monroe
- Turn west one half mile north of Monroe on a road signed for Alpine
- Approximately one mile further turn left at the stop sign
- Follow all signs stating Alpine or Alsea Falls. Pass straight through Alpine.
- You will reach Alsea/Green Peak Falls after nearly 14 miles travel from Hwy 99W
- Park in the Alsea Falls picnic area (short distance past the campground)
- Site is a day-use (present fee $3) picnic/hiking area with a vault toilet
- To start on the trail cross over the footbridge
- Bear left at the t-junction. Note the sign stating one-mile to Green Peak Falls.
- Some distance from the start of the path it will link up with a gravel road.
Keep the sound of the river to your left.
- Further down the path/gravel road you will see a concrete bridge off to the left.
- The bridge is a landmark. Continue down the path until you see a wooden sign
to the right saying "Green Peak Falls Trail"
- Bear right and follow the path. In the distance will be a hiking sign.
- Once you reach another t-junction bear left. Ignore the 'trail' sign off to the
right. It will not lead you to Green Peak Falls ?!?
- Farther down that path another trail will link up from a private campsite
used by a timber company. Continue right at that junction.