Groundhog Creek Falls'
North & South Fork
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Oakridge
GPS - Groundhog Crk Falls, North, 1.27km el.
GPS - Groundhog Crk Falls, South, 1.48km el.
Photograph specifics North: AE, shutter speed 1/125, ISO400, lens 39mm, aperture 6.3, polarizer
Photograph specifics South: sports, shutter speed 1/500, ISO400, lens 18mm, aperture 5.6, polarizer
Groundhog Creek Falls' are south of Oakridge.
Both are roadside falls.
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- ¼ mile past milepost 37 - east of Oakridge - head south at road signed for Hills Creek Dam / Kitson Springs
- Reset your trip odometer
- Continue straight on this road (becomes #23) for 10.2 miles
- Turn right onto paved Moss Mountain Road (#2308) and travel for an additional 1.6 miles (11.8m total)
- Turn right onto gravel Little Willow Road (#2307) and travel for an additional 1.5 miles (13.3m total)
- A junction will appear ahead - continue straight onto gravel Road #2309
- Reach the North Fork Falls of Groundhog Creek in 3 miles along Rd #2309 (16.3m total)
- Reach the South Fork Falls of Groundhog Creek in another 2.6 miles on #2309 (18.9m total)
Going nearly a mile high affords you many great vistas along the way.
There are some camping and picnic facilities on Road #21 back near HWY 58.
Conifers framing South Fork's lower section; Seasonal branch falls from Groundhog Mtn before South Fork