Fall Creek Waterfall
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Oakridge
Fall Creek Waterfall is 21 miles east of Oakridge on highway 58.
(same exit as Salt Creek Falls)
Facilities are available near the parking area (day use fee or Northwest Forest Pass).
0.4 miles past the tunnel (0.2 miles in length) turn right at sign for Salt Creek Falls Viewpoint
- To the left of the parking area is a 3 mile trail leading to the falls
- Short distance from the parking area is a fork in the path.
- Take the Vivian Lake Trail #3662 to the left.
- At one-half mile the path will meet up with a gravel road.
Find the path on the other side of the road and continue upwards.
- Another half mile from there the path will again meet up with the road.
Crossing the road will lead to a different view of Diamond Creek Falls.
Bearing left onto the road will continue the Vivian Lake Trail.
- Short distance on the gravel road bear left back onto path #3662
(barely readable characters on wooden sign).
- Path #3662 will continue across railroad tracks (look both ways).
Once past the tracks find the path on the left (not the road on the right).
- Two small streams that connect to Fall Creek will need to be traversed
after about a mile. Once past these two the trail steepens until it reaches the Falls.
The view is obstructed.
- Remember your insect repellent.