Evans Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Salem
Lower Evans Crk & East Fork Evans Crk
Evans Creek Falls are east of Salem.
Trail start GPS N44º 50.897', W122º 21.853', Elevation above sea level 1740 ft.
Waterfall GPS N44º 51.124', W122º 21.937', Elevation above sea level 2000 ft.
Pass Salmon Falls along the way.
- On I-5 exit onto Hwy 22 and head east towards Stayton
- In 22 miles - at second yellow light just east of Mehama - turn left onto North Fork Road SE
- After 15 miles on North Ford Rd turn left onto Evans Mtn Road (unmarked).
(for reference, this road has a CAUTION sign that is - of course - shot up with .22 bullets)
- Travel this unmarked road for 1.0 miles and park at a wide spot to the left
just before the main road curves to the right - this is the trail start
- Walk down the access road on the left (will become a trail) for 1/3 mile
- Lower Evans Creek will be to the left and a short distance past that will be East Fork Falls
- No facilities.
Verify water is flowing over the falls before traveling further -
Evans Creek flows under its labeled bridge 0.6 miles past Salmon Falls turnoff.
Will attempt Upper Evans Creek in the future.