Erma Bell Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Cascades
Erma Bell Falls (source MIddle Erma Bell Lake) is east of Springfield.
GPS - road #1957, 1.13km el.
GPS - Erma Bell Falls, 1.37km el.
Photograph specifics: 0.4 S, ISO100, lens 21mm, aperture 22, tripod
There is a vault restroom to the right and a pay station at the head of the
- From I-5 exit onto I-105 and head east to Springfield.
- At second light turn left onto Hwy 126.
- Drive through Walterville, Vida and Blue River.
- Between milepost 45 and 46 turn south onto FSR #19 for Cougar Reservoir.
- In ½ mile bear right at the curve towards Cougar Reservoir.
- In another 2.8 miles bear right at the T-intersection.
- In another 22.7 miles (just past Box Canyon) look for the left turn onto road #1957.
- Drive down gravel road #1957 for 3.6 miles to the end of the road.
- Trail starts to the left of the restroom. You will cross a bridge over a creek.
- In 0.6 miles the path forks. Take the right fork and continue down trail #3563.
- Approximately a mile further the path forks again.
Take the left fork for a view of Lower Erma Bell Lake.
Continuing on the west edge of the lake will afford a
view from ¼ mile away of the lower part of Erma Bell Falls.
- Return to the main trail
- In less than ½ a mile the trail appears to crest. Find a trail
on the left before the crest. This is a path for a side view of Erma Bell Falls.
circular parking area (Northwest Forest Pass available at sporting goods stores).
There are also areas for camping for a fee.
View from the lower lake & a small waterfall intersecting road 1957 at the 1.8 mile mark.
Daisy on the #3563 trail.