on the Little North Santiam River
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Salem region
GPS - Trail start, el. 380m
GPS - Elkhorn Falls, el. 375m
Elkhorn Falls is east of Salem.
The trail will lead to side trails for Elkhorn Falls in about 0.7 miles.
- On I-5 exit onto Hwy 22 and head east towards Stayton
- In 22 miles - at second yellow light just east of Mehama - turn left onto North Fork Road SE
- At milepost 13.6 turn right onto Elkhorn Drive SE
- After ½ mile park on the left to access Little N. Santiam Trail No. 3338
at the Opal Creek Scenic Recreation Area
Lower Tier of the Falls with a Pool (very rocky area makes it difficult to reach)
Appr. ½ mile from Elkhorn Falls will be an obstructed view of Triple Falls.
* named for nearest geographical feature