Elk Creek and Coquille River Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to South Coast
Elk Creek and Coquille River Falls are southeast of Coos Bay.
GPS - Elk Creek Falls, 150m el.
GPS - Coquille River Falls, 390m el.
Elk Creek Falls
Coquille River Falls
Directions - Elk Creek Falls:
Directions - Coquille River Falls:
- On Hwy 101 south of Coos Bay take left exit to Hwy 42 and
continue to Myrtle Point
- East of Myrtle Point there will be a fork in the road (Roseburg/Powers).
Take the tyne to the right and go to Powers (appr. 19 miles).
- When in Powers follow all signs to Agness
- After appr. 7 miles there will be a signed spot on the left side of the road
- A short path leads up to the falls
- Continue south from Elk Creek Falls (towards Agness) another 10 miles
- Turn left on Forest road #3348 (one lane road to Squaw Lake Campground)
- Drive appr. 1.5 miles and look for a wide spot in the road on the left side
- There will be a house-shaped wooden frame on a pole indicating a path
- Path to Coquille River Falls is appr. 1/2 mile on a downward sloping
switchback. There are some steep sections and some rocks can be slippery.