Dry Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Columbia Gorge
Dry Creek Falls is east of Portland & 0.3 miles from PCT.
GPS - Dry Creek Falls, 320m el.
- On I-84 take Cascade Locks exit 44.
- Locate and head up the road to Bridge of the Gods.
- Short distance up the road (before the tollgate) turn right into the Bridge of the Gods Trailhead.
- Walk through the rest area building. Notice a sign across the road.
- Walk across the road and start up the Pacific Crest Trail.
- When you walk under the I-84 overpass head right for the gravel road
(sign for Pacific Crest Trail South).
- Once on the gravel road go up a short distance until you see another
sign for PCT South on the left and continue up the trail.
- After little over a mile you will meet up with a powerline road.
- Turn right and head up the road.
- Near the powerlines you will see the road veering right. Take the worn
path on the left near the trees.
- In less than a mile you will meet up with Dry Creek Road. PCT continues
across the bridge over Dry Creek.
- Your goal is to head up the road with the sound of the creek on your left.
- About a quarter mile is the location of Dry Creek Falls.