Beaver Creek Falls in Autumn
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Central Coast
Beaver Creek Falls is south of Mapleton.
GPS - Trail start, 180m el.
Beaver Creek left - Sweet Creek right, March 4MB 480p 10 sec
There are two ways to reach the falls - west and east viewpoints.
From Eugene head west on Hwy 126. When nearing Mapleton there will
be a bridge. Before crossing the bridge there will be a road off to the left.
That will be Sweet Creek Road. If coming from Florence pass through
Mapleton and make a right turn to go over the bridge. Make a right turn after
the bridge onto Sweet Creek Road.
Directions to West viewpoint:
From the west viewpoint you can see the guardrail on the other side of the creek for the east viewpoint.
- Follow Sweet Creek Road for 11.5 miles and park on the left at the Wagon Road Trailhead.
- Walk back over the bridge and locate the trail seen in the picture.
- In 0.5 miles the falls will be in view. Beaver Creek Falls is on the left with Sweet Creek Falls merging on the right.
Directions to East viewpoint:
The trail is short and fairly easy with very little rise and fall in elevation.
- Follow Sweet Creek Road for 11.6 miles (0.1 mile past Wagon Road Trailhead).
- Turn left onto Forest Road 939 as indicated by a marker on the left (first picture lower left).
- Follow this gravel road for 0.5 miles.
- Park past the sign (second picture lower right) at the widened area at the end near a closed gate.
- Hike back a short distance on the gravel road to the trail start (bottom picture).