Silver Falls w/rainbow at base
at Golden & Silver Falls Park
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - North Bend/Coos Bay
Silver Falls is northeast of North Bend.
GPS N43º 29.185', W123º 56.083', Elevation above sea level 580 ft.
Not to be confused with Silver Falls State Park near Salem.
Directions: (same as Golden Falls)
There is a restroom and picnic tables near the parking area.
- On Hwy 101 turn east on E. Bay Road. This intersection is located
at the light north of the large bridge over the Coos River.
Be advised that if heading south on 101 there is no separate turn lane.
- After 2.6 miles look for a small bridge going over a creek.
Turn right to go over this bridge. East Bay Road continues over this bridge.
Watch out for small round white spheres. Golf course to your left.
- After another 5.2 miles you will reach a stop sign. A sign will say
Turn left to go to Allegany.
- Near Allegany a sign pointing to the right will say Golden and Silver
Falls in ten miles. You'll actually be going straight (becomes Glen Creek Rd).
- The remaining 4.9 miles leading to the falls is a gravel road.
Once in the parking area there are two ways to get to Silver Falls.
- From the parking lot look to the left. There will be a trail with
a length of 1530 ft that will provide a face-on view of Silver Falls.
This path has an easy slope upwards to the falls.
- Walk forward into the picnic area. Across a foot bridge is a sign that says
Silver Falls to the left and Golden Falls to the right. The left path from
here will take you to the side of Silver Falls. It is a bit more challenging path.