Fall Crk Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Oakridge
Fall Crk Falls is west of Oakridge on highway 58.
Panorama Photograph specifics: Sports, 1/125, ISO400, lens 33mm, aperture 4.5
Month = December
GPS N43º 59.198', W122º 23.441', Elevation above sea level 1690 ft.
Area near falls has flat features that are good for camping (note the rocks in a circle).
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- At milepost 13 turn left at sign for Lowell (historic covered bridge to your left)
- After 0.8 mile turn left to stay on Jasper-Lowell road
- In 0.1 mile turn right at sign for Fall Creek (Jasper-Lowell Road)
- In another 1.8 miles turn right onto Big Fall Creek Road and reset your trip odometer
(you will see a second covered bridge here)
- At 23 miles on BFCR (aka #18) park at a LONG wide spot on the right - waterfall is to the left
Campsites near waterfalls are common. Maybe the white noise makes sleeping easier.
Fall Crk Falls near Lowell is not the same Fall Creek east of Oakridge.
Creek names tend to lack originality, and there are many duplicates.
Regatta practice on Dexter Lake south of Lowell.
Photograph specifics: shutter speed 1/80, ISO100, lens 200mm, aperture 25, polarizer